Wednesday, May 21, 2008

From 1 to 2 children in 1 day

Yesterday I went from taking care of 1 to 2 children in one day. My husband tells me last night he's burning up. Well he was. He was such a big baby about it too!

What should I do?

Go to bed

What is wrong with me?

Your sick

Do I have a bladder infection?

Is your urine cloudy or stinky?

No...Did I get it from my dad?

Did you share a drink with him?

Yeah...

Well what did you do that for when you knew he was sick?

I don't know...do you think I have a bladder infection?

No I think you have what your dad has

Oh

So he ran a fever all night long. He kept breathing on me and so on and so on. Now by the time morning comes his temperature is 101.2. His alarm goes off and he asks me if he should call in to work. I told him he was not going to work like this. Then his dad calls and asks him for help at the farm. I tell his dad he is sick he doesn't say anything I hand the phone to my husband. My husband puts on his clothes and heads to the farm against my suggestion. He comes home worse and lays back down. I tell him i'm going to town to get him some theraflu. He says no wait till afternoon so I can come with. Ok...whatever you say. Afternoon comes along and he's worse. I go to town without him. I get home and he's passed out in front of the tv. Oh boy this is going to be a fun afternoon. I make him some homemade chicken noodle soup, wake him up and give him some meds. He passes back out. So this went on for the entire night. Meanwhile I've got my darling little Hannah, 2 chocolate labs, a house to take care of and a husband who is of no help. Who can blame him. He looked like death warmed over.

Today he is off to work and life is normal. Now I can only hope and pray that Hannah and myself do not come down with whatever awful bug he exposed us to.

No comments: