Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Arguments in My Head

To avoid a hormonal confrontation tonight I argued in my head. Yes it does sound strange, but it took care of what may have been a huge hormone triggered argument. You see...I took on a new job as an occasional rehab tech at a local hospital. I then went on call at the nursing home I work at. Well I haven't had work at either that amounts to much but that's OK. My dear husband is getting frustrated with this...or at least that's the vibe I get since he hasn't said anything. On Tuesday I have an interview to be an occasional CENA at the hospital too. From the sounds of it I pretty much have the position they just have to interview me to make it formal. Well here's my dilemma. In my mind I want to and think I should put in my notice at the nursing home. you see...by the time I work the two days I might work a pay period...which I haven't done since April mind you...my paycheck is gone to the government, daycare, gas, aflac,and union dues. I'm left with approximately a whopping $4. So I don't see the point in continuing as an on call a the nursing home. Now mind you I was stewing about this all day. I was going to talk to my dear husband yesterday but him being sick changed my plans. Well he gets home from work today and I mention that I had talked to my brother about the cookout we were going to have with him and his fiance on Monday...that blew the handle off the teapot. Apparently he doesn't remember the conversation we had about this. So that is when the arguments in my head started. First and foremost about the conversation that was supposed to be casual about the job which I made no mention of except for in my head. I was irritated that he didn't want anything to do with our daughter when he got home. He took care of the dogs, did the dishes, sat down and read the paper and watched TV. All without acknowledging the little girl I was holding in my arms because if you put her down she woke up screaming. OK...I had been dealing with this all day I was ready for my potty break and I was ready to do dishes and I was ready to get dinner started. Well to sum it up i had to potty so bad that I got up put our daughter in her bassinet went potty changed her diaper and put her in her father's arms so I could make dinner at 8 o'clock at night....2 hours after my dear husband got home. Man I love him.....

No comments: