Wednesday, April 9, 2008

2 faced baby in India


I just read an aritcle about a girl in India with two faces. Apparantly they believe she is the reincarnation of a hindu goddess. This is such a sad story. I can't imagine what people would think of this child in our country. They would see her as disgusting or as strange or odd. But, the people in india are worshiping her. It's amazing how two different countries can have two different views on how things are viewed. I know in our country lots of things are viewed as taboo. We even see our disabled people as abnormal and strange. This is sad especially when a lot of these are normal in the mind but just are different physically. I can only imagine the shame and ridicule this child would experience if she was in the US. It's very very sad. People should stop discriminating against physical abnormalities and look at the inner person. The inner person may be someone you really like and can get along with. You might just meet people with an amazing inner strength. I know I have. I have 2 parents who are disabled and many friends who are disabled. Let me tell you some of them see things in a much different perspective than what an average person would see things. It's kind of nice to see this other view through other people. These are my thoughts for today...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think that this baby girl was born we two face if this is true. But people in India I really beautiful being a african american my self from the usa.

love,
shavonne

Anonymous said...

...

Anonymous said...

...